Once in a while, we just crave something crunchy and downright delicious. That's why egg rolls are an all-time favorite party snack or dinner side dish! But what if you don't have the time to make them from scratch? Fortunately, you can now make amazing air fryer frozen egg rolls – no effort required! With this easy guide, you'll be able to produce deliciously crispy goodness without needing anything other than your trusty air fryer. Keep on reading for the complete instructions and helpful tips for making frozen egg rolls that everyone will love!
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Can You Fry Frozen Egg Rolls in an Air Fryer?
- Are Frozen Egg Rolls Good in an Air Fryer?
- What Temp to Cook Frozen Egg Rolls in Air Fryer
- How Long to Cook Egg Rolls In Air Fryer
- Dipping Sauces for Egg Rolls
- The Best Air Fryers on the Market (2022)
- My Other Air Fryer Recipes
- Frozen Egg Rolls (In Air Fryer)
Can You Fry Frozen Egg Rolls in an Air Fryer?
In a world where frozen egg rolls are plentiful and air fryers are all the rage, of course people want to know how to make frozen egg rolls in the air fryer. Well, here's the good news - it is definitely possible! In fact, it is surprisingly easy. Air frying frozen egg rolls not only gives a crispy exterior but also ensures that they're cooked all the way through in minimal time.
Are Frozen Egg Rolls Good in an Air Fryer?
If you thought frozen egg rolls were good before, then get ready for a totally new experience! By utilizing the cutting edge technology of an air fryer, frozen egg rolls take on a new life, emerging from their frozen state with crispity crunchity perfection. With no need for oil or other added fat and in a fraction of oven cooking time, air fryer frozen egg rolls make for a delicious and incredibly convenient snack or side dish that packs major flavor.
Most frozen egg roll brands call for the egg rolls to be baked in the oven. Although this is fine, I prefer air frying for a few reasons:
- Air frying makes the egg rolls more crispy on the outside. Oven baking can lead to soggy egg rolls.
- From preheating to baking and cooling the egg rolls, an oven can take up to 40 minutes! Air frying cuts that time in half.
- If I am making multiple appetizers for a party, air frying egg rolls frees up oven space.
What Temp to Cook Frozen Egg Rolls in Air Fryer
Temperature can make or break a frozen egg roll, especially when it comes to air frying. For the perfect experience every time, you should heat frozen egg rolls in your air fryer at around 350°F.
My Ninja air fryer doesn't require preheating. However, I like to run it for 3 minutes at 350°F before placing the egg rolls in the basket. This helps to ensure a crispy texture all the way around the egg rolls.
Some people prefer air frying their egg rolls at a higher temperature - even as high as 400°F. I prefer to air fry at a lower temperature for longer because the egg rolls are going into the air fryer frozen. When you heat a frozen food at a high temperature, it is easy to overcook the exterior and undercook the interior. The instructions below yield a crispy exterior and fully cooked interior every time.
How Long to Cook Egg Rolls In Air Fryer
After the air fryer is preheated, I air fry frozen egg rolls at 350°F for 14 minutes. I always use tongs to flip the egg rolls over halfway through the cooking process (7 minutes in). With this technique, I always produce crispy egg rolls that are fully cooked in the middle.
For a crispier crunch, you may air fry your egg rolls for an additional 3 minutes at 390°F.
Always use a thermometer to test the temperature of the egg roll's interior. It should register at 165°F. If the interior is under 165°F, air fry the egg rolls for another 3 minutes, until the interior temperature reaches 165°F.
Dipping Sauces for Egg Rolls
Most frozen egg rolls come with a packet or two of dipping sauce. These packets typically need to be defrosted in warm water. If your frozen egg rolls do not have a dipping sauce, here are three of my favorite recipes.
The Best Air Fryers on the Market (2022)
Below are my favorite air fryers on the market. The first on one the list is the one that is sitting in my own kitchen!
My Other Air Fryer Recipes
As I said above, I love all things air fryer. To learn more about air frying, read my article: 80 Amazingly Easy Air Fryer Recipes for Beginners.
Here are some of my favorite air fryer recipes and guides.
Frozen Egg Rolls (In Air Fryer)
- 1 package frozen egg rolls
- Preheat your air fryer to 350°F (about 3 minutes).
- Carefully place 8 frozen egg rolls in an even layer in the bottom of your air fryer basket or rack. If egg rolls don't fit, air fry in batches.
- Air fry egg rolls at 350°F for 14 minutes, flipping halfway through using tongs.
- Remove air fried egg rolls from air fryer and allow to cool for 3 minutes. Egg roll internal temperature should measure at least 165°F.
- Serve with dipping sauce of your choice and enjoy!
Air frying is a fantastic way to cook your favorite foods without all of the added fat and calories. Air frying frozen egg rolls is quick and easy. The results are always crispy and crunchy - as if they were deep fried! What’s your favorite food to air fry? Let me know in the comments!